Sunday, June 28, 2015

My First Journey to the North east Nigeria as a Youth Corper in 2011.

By J. Joe

In 2011 i was posted to the North East of Nigeria Borno state precisely for my youth service.

Although i was alittle bit chocked about my posting to Borno state because of the insecurity situation in the North East and how life over there will be.

It took me just one second on my mind to make a decision whether if i should stay back and serve or redeployed back to my state of Resident on the day i callected my callup letter.

However, i had to go to the Orientation Camp in borno state to process my redeployment letter during the 29 days in Camp.

The journey started stressful and ended on a good note. I meet two beautiful ladies going to the same Camp on the Bus i entered and we Connected.

Borno state Border Niger, Chad and Cameroun and it's an Economic hub of these Areas, alot of business activities goes on at the Capital City Madugiri.

Never-the-less I had to travel from kaduna through kano, jigawa, Bauchi and Yobe state before i get to Borno state NYSC Camp, Borno state Camp was fun back then in 2011 when insecurity situation is not that bad as of that time. So, i decided to stay back and serve.

The people of North East are mostly farmer and Business Oriented people. They are well known with production of crops and livestock which contribute greatly to the Economy of the country.

I learned my first lesson as a poultry farmer in Borno state North East Nigeria. One amazing thing i will not forget about the state is there Suya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

we love your comments!
Use the box below to Comments, you can also like our facebook page Click Here & follow-@nigeriaaffair-on twitter